Waring MBB518 Professional Quality Food & Beverage Blender, Stainless Steel

Waring MBB518 Professional Quality Food & Beverage Blender, Stainless Steel










Product Description
The Waring MBB518 Professional Blender is more likely seen at a busy downtown bar than at your friend's house. The MBB518 is for heavy-duty and quick use when you really need to crush ice, mix serious alcoholic and fountain-style drinks. 3' Power Cord with 3-prong 120VAC plug Non-Slip Rubber Feet Instruction Manual Included Made in the USA Waring provides a 1-Year limited warranty on the MBB518 and a 5-Year limited warranty on the motor 3.0 Amps 120 Volts 60 Hertz

Feature
  • 40-ounce glass jar holds 5 cups of mixed drinks, soup, or sauce
  • Powerful 390-watt motor crushes ice fast
  • High and low speeds cover mixing, chopping, and pureeing
  • Dishwasher-safe glass jar and lid for easy cleaning
  • Measures 16-1/2 by 8 by 7 inches; 1-year warranty, 5-year motor warranty
CustomerReviews

Needing More Bananas
After using a blender that blew fuses every time I used it the Waring MBB518 has become an valuable asset to our family. The only issue it has created is I can't keep enough bananas on hand to keep it going daily. This blender is improving my family's diet.


Weak
We owned this blender for a year and a couple months. Used it mainly on the weekends in the summer, to make smoothies with frozen fruit, so I wouldn't say we were heavy users. I burned the motor out today--the unit was visibly smoking after running for about a minute or so. This particular blender was a replacement for a previous Waring that lasted us over 10 years before it died (also from a burned out motor). Not sure if this blender was a dud or whether the quality of the Waring motors is getting worse. I'm going to send this one in for a fix or replacement since the motor is covered under a 5 year warranty.


DO NOT BUY - Horrible, Irresponsible Manufacturing of Blade Assembly
I got this in January 2009 and it broke in July 2009. It was probably used 25 times, of which 1/3 were frozen fruit smoothies, 1/3 were frozen cocktails (ice crushing), and 1/3 were 'wet blends' with little resistance.



The blender worked great and I had no problems with it. In fact, it was one of the best blenders I had used and in fact in some ways was better at blending than larger VitaMix blenders.



As background, I have blended hundreds of smoothies and so I am accustomed to operating blenders. If I needed to add a bit of water to chop ice, fine. If this blender's motor had burned out after 4 years I'd be upset, but would move on. However, this blender broke in a way that no product like this should ever break in 100 years of use.



The Details: The blade is 'screwed' in by something that looks like a metal screw but is definitely not stainless steel (it is made to look like brushed stainless steel, but it is not). Rather, it looks like some kind of composite metal/cement material with a brushed outside for looks.



I tried blending something and was surprised not to hear any sound. When I looked at it I discovered that the blade and top of the blade-screw had literally broken completely in half from the bottom of the blade-screw. The blade was 'floating' in the smoothie I was blending.



I could have easily poured this smoothie (thick) into a glass without seeing the blade and gotten it into my mouth, lips, or tongue and been badly cut.



I want to be clear, this design flaw is so bad that the engineers who designed and approved its use should be fired. You don't hold together a fast moving blade at 550 watts with a screw made of junk material.



I bought this unit at Bed Bath & Beyond expressly for the ability to use their long-term product return polic if needed. All I can say is that they get 5 stars for taking back this 1 star product.



I will never buy a Waring product again.






0 ความคิดเห็น:


Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2008 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger by Blogcrowds.

Distributed by Blogger Templates